Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Madre y Padre


Our own personal letter, hand written...March 23, 2010

I don't have ANY letters to write this week, so I thought I would send you a personal letter.

OK...I forgot to tell you that we had a general authority speak at our devotional this last week! It was Elder Quentin L. Cook. He spoke to us about how it's an incredible time to be called. The whole world is being humbled from the economy/disasters and that they are being prepared to have the gospel in their lives. Our responsibility is to "feed thy sheep". That was from D&C 112, you should read it! He gave us 3 aspects to focus on: 1) Teaching with the power of the Holy Ghost. 2) Committing our investigators. And 3)Living so the Holy Ghost can be present. The last thing I got from his talk is, sometimes we are asked to do things that can be difficult or awkward for us. Sometimes we feel inadequate for the task. But "that is life" and the Lord knows what's best for us to help us learn and grow. All in all, it was a great talk...But they always are!!

As for me going to Chile? I should find out this week if I will be transferred for the first month of the mission. Maybe even get our flight plans? Time is closing down really fast! We only have 2 1/2 more weeks in the states. What should I do if I am over weight (his luggage) or if I need more service clothes? Should I just get them in Chile? I'm sorry, I don't have many good sources here...

For my responsibilities as Zone Leader. We have three meetings Sunday morning. One meeting Sunday afternoon that we conduct. At least two more meetings throughout the week. Then when a district leaves, we have a devotional for them that we conduct. And we check out the departing Elders. We also assign people for the Sunday Meetings. At night, we don't really get to rest. We are in charge of our residence building and we have to turn off lights, close the vending machines, etc...When new districts come in, we teach them everything they need to know. So, we have quite a task. But...I kind of enjoy it so far. Not much time for relaxing though, but...oh well. I love you and miss you.
Con amor,
Elder Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment