Wow! what a week! this week has been sooo crazy, and well… we didn’t get a whole lot done…what with the conference, p-day, mini cambio, the ward activity and Sunday. Let’s just say there wasn’t too much free time. we had a really great ward party. we combined it with the Ward Hualpencillo because we are using their church at the moment (our building is being remodeled). Because we combined, there were tons of people and tons of food! And surprise, surprise... two gringos were there. the husband served his mission in Chile and came back to visit. they are from Alpine and it was just weird to see gringos and speak English to someone other than missionaries.
on Saturday me, my comp, Elder Tripp, Elder Roman, Elder Muñoz and Elder Lisonbee went to the beach called Lenga. it was so gorgeous!... and no one was there so it was really peaceful. then we hiked to this hidden beach… oh it was amazing! and there was a little island “thing” that you could hike to that i call “the tree of life”. You’ll see why when you see the pictures. it was sooo gorgeous, and sooo surreal. Tripp and I were talking and it just didn’t feel like we were in Chile on a Chilean beach. it was awesome... I'll send pictures!
then we went to a restaurant on the beach and ate empanadas...
twelve to be exact! and wow were we full! it’s crazy how everyone has been partying for the past three days...every night you just hear music all around you and barbeques are everywhere! I’m pretty sure i can say I’m done with empanadas though… for a little while… ha. but I’m never sick of barbeques… it reminded me of the fourth of July... not gonna lie though… the fourth is better, but it was still great. rodeos, dances, all kinds of stuff. they say this is the only time Chileans remember they are Chileans… and it’s true! every single house has a spot to put up a flag and on the 18th of September is when that spot is used. so… every single house has a Chilean flag hanging right now. it’s pretty cool actually.
i am feeling a lot better now mom… no worries. it was just a virus (I’m sure) and the Hermanas here took good care of me. they still keep asking meif I’m alright… they don’t forget! and man, mom, you are getting prepared!are you sure that something isn’t going to happen? did dad have one ofhis dreams or should i say “ visions”? and you’re right… as long as you’re prepared, there’s no need to fear.
I’m so glad to hear that Berto is in the MTC! i have been praying veryhard for him to make the right decision and I’m glad he made the right one! just asking did he give you the radar detector?
honestly i don’t really know what i want for Christmas. (I had asked him to start making a Christmas list) if you could send me a bunch of good music on a jump drive that would be sweet. oooh i know!would you send me some donettes…the coconut kind. i havebeen craving those lately... and reeses, and butterfingers… ha… and ties. and maybe everyone’s testimony with a picture of each person in the family. i think that would be sweet!... or something like that. nothing crazy, just something from the family. well i don’t really have too much more time.
i was reading in Mosiah 27 today and it’s amazing the role the atonement plays… the son of Alma was trying to destroy the church and then he turned around repented. he went out to preach the gospel and did so even with people hitting him and chastising him ( and the people with him) because he knew what the atonement could do in their lives. I realized how blessed I am to be in Chile…preaching the same gospel, but fortunate enough to have support from the people around me…I’m not getting hit or being chastised by others (too much, ha). well I love you all, especially you mom. thanks for all that you do! have a great week!
love elder jackson
No comments:
Post a Comment